||April 17, 2017
Council Rock is a Telecommunications Engineering Firm headquartered in Rochester, NY.
We design and build Distribution Automation Networks for Electric and Gas Utilities across the USA. Our expertise includes RF and network design, power systems, wireless equipment specification and integration, and full network deployment and commissioning.
Our engineers have training in the latest technologies, complemented by years of field experience.
We are seeking candidates that are self-motivated and eager for new challenges. If you possess top-notch technical skills with the ability to continually grow, then join our team. Council Rock encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.
The Systems Engineer will report to the Director of Systems Architecture and must have a solid understanding of theory and application related to radio networks, backhaul, and cybersecurity with experience in network design, capacity planning, power systems AC/DC, and grounding. This position is best suited to the person who thrives on new challenges and has the experience to integrate technology into working solutions for customers.
- Work closely with the Project Architect and customer representatives to implement solutions that meet contractual requirements
- This should be based on experience with link budgets, coverage requirements, capacity demands and customer expectations
- Oversee installation of radios and network equipment at customer sites
- Perform site surveys at potential radio sites to identify construction needs (e.g. BOM, tower location)
- Perform quality control to ensure radio site is fully commissioned
- Condust systems integration and field test for site acceptance
- Troubleshoot sites with appropriate equipment (spectrum analyzers, software tools)
- Attend program/project team meetings
- Produce Requests for Quote and support documentation including:
- Bill of Materials
- Statements of Work
- Service requirements
- Overall network performance / down-time
- Assist RF Design Engineer in analyzing propagation models
Lead the Field Team in the following activities:
- Preparing schedules and tracking
- Preparing final budget and tracking
- Selecting and managing subcontractors
- Managing formal communications with customers
- Weekly internal reports
- Management of network troubleshooting
- Management of overall network commissioning
- Management of network and equipment training
- 3-5 years designing & building wireless networks
- 5+ years experience in Microwave, SCADA communications, Cellular, Broadband industries
- Working knowledge of latest wireless technologies including WiMAX and/or LTE
- Good understanding of link budgets, RF propagation modeling, antenna systems, feedline and power systems
- Hands-on experience in RF and network troubleshooting equipment
- Broad experience across wireless technologies and equipment vendors
- CISCO CCNA certification preferred
People who will fit into this environment are flexible, hard-working, fun-loving, smart, and curious. Ideal candidates will bring good customer interfacing skills, the ability to see network designs from conception to completion, and a desire to be part of something new.
Understand that we are a company that puts customers first. We will work with clients from around the globe: be comfortable with different cultures, languages, and customs. There is potential for extended travel both domestic and international.
No third-party applications, please.
Interested Candidates Respond To: email@example.com