||RF Field Technician
||April 17, 2017
Council Rock is a Telecommunications Engineering Firm headquartered in Rochester, NY.
We design, integrate and install industrial wireless networks for Electric and Gas Utilities, Oil & Gas Companies, and Public Safety Agencies.
Our engineers have training in the latest technologies, complemented by years of field experience. Our services include Engineering Consulting, Systems Integration, and Custom Engineered Solutions.
If you possess top-notch technical skills with the ability to continually grow, and are excited about the opportunity to help build a company, then join our team. Council Rock encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.
The Technician in this role will support the deployment and commissioning of an AMI mesh network. This position is best suited to the person who thrives on new challenges and has the experience to integrate technology into working solutions for customers.
- Oversee installation of radios and ancillary equipment at customer sites
- Perform Site Surveys, document findings, and provide feedback to the project lead
- Perform quality control checklist to ensure site is fully commissioned
- Troubleshoot sites with appropriate equipment (spectrum analyzers, software tools), and provide recommendations in writing
- Replace/upgrade radios per direction of project lead
- Attend program/project team meetings under direction of project lead
- Other project related tasks as dictated by project lead
- Familiar with Electric Distribution design, construction, etc.
- Knowledge of radio communications, mesh, point to point design, and networking
- Ability to use radio/antenna to identify radio signal strengths
- Ability to work in the field or in an office environment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Abuility to use a hot stick (scope stick)
- Ability to work indepedently or as part of a team
- Knowledge of the Houston area
- Abilty to read maps and use GPS software
- Ability to use computer
- Ability to use small hand tools
- Ability to interface with customers
- Detail and results oriented and proficient in time management
Council Rock is a startup. People who will fit into this environment are flexible, hard-working, fun-loving, smart, and curious. Ideal candidates will bring good customer interfacing skills, the ability to see network designs from conception to completion, and a desire to be part of something new.
Understand that we are a company that puts customers first. We will work with clients from around the globe: be comfortable with different cultures, languages, and customs. There is potential for extended travel both domestic and international.
No third-party applications, please.